Do you want to see where you rank among the best in the country? I'm not talking Age Group Nationals or Worlds. But ITU Draft-Legal racing, earning your professional license and racing the fastest athletes, men and women just like you who want more. Maybe you aren't sure exactly sure of the path or you are a little anxious about stepping up to the next level? Maybe you'd like to earn professional status and aren't really sure how to do it? Sometimes I get athletes who don't get to go into the CRP program, or need to meet time standards. Entry into the draft legal world can be complicated and confusing.
You've earned your professional license. You've raced in a few Contiential Cups, World Cups--and have had more than your share of humble pie. Welcome to the grind. Stick with it. This takes time, there is no quick fix. All the cool "squads" on social media look awesome, they can be extremely selective. Those athletes struggle too. Every person's situation is different and don't compare your journey to others.
If I just described your situation- basically an aspiring elite racer or an entry level professional trying to make things happen. Welcome to the grey zone. I'll be brutally honest.... This is where some athletes emerge and others fizzle away. It's that place where there are no sponsors, money is tight and you are struggling between using your degree, getting a job or going all in for a dream. It can be rough.
That's where Coach Kim comes in. She believes that athletes just like you can make it and will do everything she can to help you succeed. Her advice is based on her objective view of your situation. Not her goals as a coach. There are talented athletes out there who have more to offer. Maybe the timing hasn't been right, maybe your last coach match wasn't working well or maybe you just need a fresh start. Your goals become her goals. She will keep things real, sometimes brutal honesty hurts- but at the end of the day; her number one goal is to help you grow into a stronger athlete and individual.
Coach Kim is selective to who she works with. Athletes who are positive, humble, show gratitude, are honest and respect others are welcome to inquire. You've got to be willing to put the cards on the table and be honest. There is no room for ego at this stage. When you podium a WTS race, then you can have ego. Until then be respectful, work hard, communicate well, while committing to your work.
Coach Kim works individually with each athlete to help you navigate the process. All workouts are personalized to meet your areas of weakness and needs.. She recognizes that we all make mistakes, sometimes people just need a change or a fresh start. If you are interested in having a free consultation, please reach out.
Backgrounds of current athletes include- but not limited to:
- Athletes who want to earn their professional/elite card to race ITU.
- Athletes preparing to meet the requirements of the CRP program.
- Athletes who weren't accepted into the CRP and believe they have what it takes.
- Current NCAA athletes who are interested in using triathlon to cross-train during the summer months.
- Goals are typically to race Internationally and Olympic dreams are the motivating factors.
- Some want to compete at the highest level possible within the sport and hit a few international races.
- NCAA Athletes moving into triathlon from a single sport.
- Athletes who are currently racing Age-Group but want to race the draft-legal format.
- Current ITU athletes who are not able to meet with a squad, but have solid training partners around them, are financially strapped.
- Current ITU athletes who primarily want to self-coach, but but still need a coach to offer objective advice, provide WKO4 analytics and someone to keep them focused.
Coaching services are provided on a sliding scale, a few slots are offered pro-bono to athletes in unique situations.