Coach Kim is a USA Triathlon Level 2 Certified Coach, USAT Youth and Junior Certified Coach, is a graduate of the Elite Mentor Program at the Olympic Training Center, a certified as a RRCA-Adult Running Coach, Certified Personal Trainer and ASCA Certified Swim Coach. She is a DRAFT LEGAL focused coach, focused on elite development from Juniors to Professional ITU athletes.
Kim has extensive experience working with single sport athletes moving into draft-legal racing from middle school to college age athletes. Additionally, she provides development and introductory programming for non-draft athletes, but the core of all coaching for youth and juniors is from a perspective of a draft-legal coach.
Kim frequently mentors under more experienced coaches, attending camps, clinics and networking with other coaching professionals to stay current on latest training techniques. Kim is very passionate about long term athlete development and athletes having a solid functional foundation for youth and junior athletes. She offers private personal training sessions for runners, swimmers and triathletes of all ages. In addition, she is Head Coach and founder of Impact Multisport, a USA Triathlon High Performance Team, it is the only High Performance Team Youth and Junior team in the state of Ohio.
Kim is the mother of three children, two college students and one in high school. She lives in Ohio, but travels frequently as she attends all the key races in the United States, attends training, camps and visits remotely coached athletes.
- Head Coach/ Owner- Impact Multisport Ohio's only USAT High Performance Team
- USAT Level 2 Certified ITU Coach
- Elite Mentorship Graduate
- Youth and Junior Certified Coach- Elite
- USA Cycling Level 2* In process
- RRCA Adult Distance Certified
- ASCA Level 2 certified Coach
- Certified Personal Trainer National Personal Training Institute
- Slow Twitch Power Certification
- Training Peaks University Level 2* In process
- Head Age Group Swim Coach - Licking County Family YMCA Sharks 2015-2017
- Head Coach United States Merchant Marine Academy Triathlon Club Team 2015-Current
- Previous Assistant Coach- The Ohio State University Club Team 2013/2014
- Assistant Coach- Triathlon Research Camp- Boulder 2014
- Coached over 160 adult age-group adult athletes since 2009
- Coached Athletes to Worlds Qualification 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Numerous National Age-group Nationals Qualifiers 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017.
- Offers a "Florida Swing Camp" for juniors and professionals each year in March.
- 60% Elite development, ITU professionals, 40% Youth and Juniors
A special thank you to Sonja Lomard for sharing her beautiful pictures with our team!
Diane - First time 70.3
"Kim is a dedicated Coach with a true passion for teaching Multisport. She met me where I was when I began training and takes a valued interest in my progress. She is always checking in with me to see how workouts are going, how I am feeling about them, stressors in general as that too affects performance. Kim takes a vested interest in her athletes."
Ben - Youth Elite USA
"I like a lot of sports. I appreciate that Coach Kim helps me work towards my goals while letting me still be a teenager. She incorporates my other sports seasons throughout the year into my training phases to help me prevent burnout or injury. Coach Kim lets triathlon work in a way that feels best for me and my goals."
Zoey- Beginner Triathlete and self-proclaimed "non-runner"
"Kim has taught my daughter about GRIT. About getting up when you fill down, understanding and flexibility when things are out of your control, learning from your mistakes and accepting and giving help to and from teammates." - Kelly (Zoey's mom)."